Give loved ones, your business partner, and yourself peace of mind. Thoughtful planning makes a measurable difference in everyone’s future.
Don't wait to create a contingency plan in the middle of a storm.
When someone is on heavy-duty medication, uncommunicative, or fighting for their life, it is not the best time to strategize. There's no time to grieve the loss of a loved one when they have to step into a mess and face a steep learning curve at a deeply emotional time.
As the primary financial manager for your home or business, you value having and providing loved ones, peace of mind.
You want to create a contingency plan, but it's a lower priority when you feel you're in good health and active. So you put it off to someday; one day when you'll have time.
Unfortunately, life events do happen to the best of us when we least expect it — I've lived it, and see it time and time again. Truth is it's more a matter of when than if. And when the unexpected happens, it will require all of your energy and attention.
Now is the best time to create your contingency plan.
With a well thought out contingency plan, you equip your second-in-command to keep the business of life running smoothly in your absence.
You provide them the tools to make insightful decisions, which allows them space to attend to their emotional health.
- Centralize all of your critical information such as accounts, passwords, birth certificates, legal documents, and key contacts.
- Have meaningful life talks with those you care most about — to say the things you may never have said — because time is on your side now.
- Reduce stress and allow the people close to you to face challenging times with confidence.
The people who depend on you will be grateful for your forethought, easing a naturally stressful time.
When your appointee has neither the experience navigating business processes nor a reliable roadmap, you risk losing or leaving money on the table to which you are entitled.
When your appointee has neither the experience navigating business processes nor a reliable roadmap, you risk losing or leaving money on the table to which you are entitled. Add in emotional stress, and managing a mountain of details, quickly becomes a hill too high to climb on your own.
I have helped people ages 35 to 85 across the country create contingency plans for their personal life and their business. They rest secure in times of adversity, knowing that they have a solid contingency strategy in place.
- A Fast & Efficient Process: My know-how enables you to accelerate the timeline to complete your plan and benefit from my time-tested methodology,
- Ensure Nothing is Missed: Leverage my experience, so you don't risk overlooking essential components and ensure you've included all the critical pieces.
- Don't leave money on the table /Maximize Your Benefits: You have worked hard to get where you are. The process ensures that your appointees can become knowledgeable about your investments and benefits, reducing the risk that they will lose or leave money on the table to which you're entitled.
- Accountability & Knowledgeable Guidance: This project is a collaboration. I'm with you throughout the journey as your guide, coach, and accountability partner. I am available to answer your questions when we meet or between meetings.
- Individualized Approach: Packages designed to work for your unique circumstances. Together we'll decide the level of support and coaching that works best for you.
The NPC 30 Day process moves you from no plan to ready for anything.
1. Consult & Assess
An initial consult by Zoom video to assess your situation and determine which service package is the best fit for you.
2. Audit & Inventory
Create an inventory of your benefits, financial information and processes, passwords, essential documents, and more.
3. Identify Gaps
Create your action plan by assessing what's missing, such as legal documents, how accounts are registered, insurance policies, authorized account managers, and more.
4. Appoint Proxy
Define crucial conversations that need to take place, and with whom. Identify and appoint your second-in-command.
5. Review & Train
Review your plan with your second-in-command to train them to act on your behalf.
Contingency Planning Options & Pricing
For Personal Online Group Intensive
- 30-Day Process - next session starts January 5, 2022
- Four weekly 90-minute group video calls over Zoom.
- Materials are shipped to you: Contingency Binder, Password Book.
Ideal fit if you:
- are self-motivated and want to create your contingency plan for your personal life with minimal coaching
- are the primary person managing the finances, investments, and legal documents
- value a lower price point in exchange for a greater investment of time
- can commit 12 hours over the four-week program to complete your weekly assignments
- enjoy a group learning experience with a maximum of eight participants
- have strong technology skills: online file management, email, online accounts, Word, PDFs, online calendar
For Personal & Business One-on-One Consulting
- 30-Day process
- One-on-one virtual meetings and homework
- Materials are shipped to you: Contingency Plan Binder and Password Book
Ideal fit if you:
- want personal assistance with your unique situation (e.g., help finding reputable legal services, financial planners, insurance brokers).
- have a high net worth and want to develop relationships with professionals who will be a good fit for your family and beneficiaries.
- require a moderately or extensively customized plan.
- are committed to minimizing the struggle for your loved ones.
- Do-It-Yourself + Coaching: $1,597
- Done With You One-On-One Consulting for one plan (one financial manager in the household and business) starts at $2,997
- Done With You One-On-One Consulting for dual plans (e.g., a couple with separate finances and one business) starts at $5,577
For Business Continuance One-on-One Consulting
- A 30-60-90, quarterly, semi-annual and annual operations brainstorming exercise evaluating your business owner's duties. We evaluate how the business would operate and who is authorized to act in your absence, including the next steps and decision points.
- A Business Continuance Playbook to guide your business partner and employees in your absence.
- An inventory and documentation of the Business Owner - Standard Operating Procedures.
- Your plan is created in 14 to 30-days, depending on the complexity.
- Weekly one-on-one meetings.
- I help you prepare for legal, financial, accounting, and insurance meetings and attend with you if needed.
This is an add-on consultation conducted after completing your Contingency Plan(s).
Ideal fit if you:
- currently have few or no business owner procedures in place for how your business should operate in your absence
- have a business partner, and you each have your specific areas of focus (silos)
- have employees who are not trained to back up the business owner
- have unfinished legal and financial documents required for others to do business on your behalf
- care about minimizing the struggle for your business partners and employees
*NPC does not consult on disaster planning related to loss of location or staff.
- Investment starts at $997
There's never been a better time to make a plan. Book a call to find out how I can best help you.
To book a time with me:
- First, choose the meeting type, then a day and time for your consult.
- You will then receive the details for our call by email. If you don't see it in your inbox, try searching for "Mary Beth Simon."
- If we feel we're a good fit, we'll define what success looks like for you and create a road map for how we'll move forward together.